About Boyd Electric
- Boyd Electric is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) on the national and state (Indiana) levels, and is an approved WBE for the city of Evansville, IN and Vanderburgh County, IN.
- 2012 Small Business of the Year Award from the Chamber of Commerce of Southwest Indiana
- Boyd Electric participates in the Apprentice Electrician program offered through the Indiana Department of Labor
- Collaborative Community Partner through service on local not-for-profit boards and community service projects
- Licensed, bonded and insured electricians on staff
Meet Kathy Boyd
Kathy Boyd - President and CEO
Kathy is a graduate of Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana with an associate’s degree in graphic design technology and an associate of applied science electrician apprenticeship. Kathy was selected as Outstanding Alumnus for the Southwest Region in 2008 and the Outstanding Alumnus for the State in 2010. Also in 2010, Kathy was the recipient of the Jefferson Award, a national program that recognizes outstanding community service and public service. The award was established by the American Institute for Public Service, an organization founded by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, U.S. Senator Robert Taft and Sam Beard in 1972.
Dedicated to community service, Kathy functioned as volunteer general contractor for the construction of Holly’s House in Evansville. She continues to volunteer her services on the maintenance of the building and is currently President of the board of directors.
- Kathy has been a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW Local #16) for over twenty years.
- In 2011 and 2013, Kathy was a finalist for the Athena Award in Evansville.
- Kathy has completed leadership training through Leadership Evansville and mentors current class members and also serves on the board of Evansville’s YWCA.